Myofascial Release Information
Fascial restrictions can exert tremendous tensile forces on the fascial, neuromusculoskeletal and pain-sensitive structures. This enormous pressure (approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch) can create the symptoms of pain and decreased muscular tone throughout the body.
- Therapeutic Insight: The Myofascial Release Perspective
- Fibromyalgia (pdf)
- Performance Injuries – Fascia: The Body’s Shock Absorber (pdf)
- The Mind / Body Connection—Myofascial Release for the Whole Person (pdf)
- Myofascial Equine Therapy (pdf)
- Easing Pain with Myofascial Release (pdf) by Julia Elliott
Research connecting stress,anxiety and its effects on the body:
1. Gillespie BR, Barnes JF. Diagnosis and treatment of TMJ, head neck and asthmatic symptoms in children. Cranio. 1990;8(4):342-349.
2. Gordon GA. Stress reactions in connective tissues: A molecular hypothesis. Med Hypotheses. 1991;36(3):289-294
3. Pert CB. Molecules Of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine. New York, NY: 1997Yoga
4. The Science of Stretch The Study of connective tissue is shedding light on pain and providing new explanations for alternative medicine By Helene M. Langevin